Following these simple tips will keep your vehicle running smoothly and reliably.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires result in fuel efficiency loss. This is the least expensive form of preventive maintenance..
- Remove unnecessary weight and keep your windows closed while driving to improve fuel economy.
- The engine is the most expensive element in a vehicle, so make sure to keep fluids maintained. Use high quality fluids wherever you take your car. Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or clogged fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect engine performance. Look for cracks or missing segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked at least every other oil change.
- A good rule of thumb is to change your oil filter every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.